Posted by CedricF26
First of all, you were played as a newbie hunter in the research team number five and you were on the way to the new world by ship. However, Zorah Magdaros block your way, then you need to escape it and find the way to the headquarter (HQ), but Great Jagras and Anjanath will bothering you on the way as well.
After you reach the HQ, you will need to do a bit chatting and walking in the HQ. Which is you can finally start your hunter’s life. Here is the list of the main story quests.
Hunter Rank(HR) is the Level of your hunter, so, if you want to do higher HR quests, you need to level up your hunter first, to level up in the beginning, you need to finish your main story first, cause each story quests are the HR cap lock of your HR.
Low HR quests:
- 1* Jagras of the Ancient Forest (Slay 7 Jagras)
- 2* AKestodon Kerfuffle (slay 5 female Kestodons and 3 male Kestodons)
- 2* The Great Jagras Hunt ( Hunt 1 Great Jagras)
- 2*Bird-Brained Bandit (Hunt 1 Kulu-Ya-Ku)
- 3* Urgent: Pukei-Pukei Hunt (Hunt 1 Pukei-Pukei)
- 3* The Best Kind of Quest (Hunt a Barroth)
- 3* Sinister Shadows in the swamp (Hunt 1 Jyuratodus)
- 3* Flying Sparks: Tobi-Kadachi (hunt 1 Tobi-Kadachi)
- 4* The Encroaching Anjanath (Hunt 1 Anjanath)
- 4* One for the History Books ( The first time encounter Zorah Magdaros)
- 4* Ballooning Problems (Hunt 1 Paolumu)
- 4* Radobaan Roadblock (Hunt 1 Rodobaan)
- 5* Legiana: Embodiment of Elegance Hunt 1 Legiana)
- 5* Into the Bowels of the Vale (Hunt 1 Odogaron)
- 5* A Fiery Throne Atop the Forest (Hunt 1 Rathalos)
- 5* Horned Tyrant Below the Sands ( Hunt 1 Diablos)
High HR quests:
- 6* Acolossal Task (Second time encounter Zorah Magdaros)
- 6* Invader in the Waste (Hunt 1 Pukei-Pukei)
- 6* Tickled Pink (Hunt 1 Anjanath)
- 7* Old World Monster in the New World (Hunt 1 Pink Rathian)
- 8* A Wound and a Thirst (Slay 1 Negigante)
- 8* Kushala Daora, Dragon of Steel (Slay 1 Kushala Daora)
- 8* Teostra the Infernal (Slay 1 Teostra)
- 8* Hellish Fiend Vaal Hazak (Slay 1 Vaal Hazak)
- 9* Land of Convergence (Slay 1 Xeno’Jiiva)
That all for the main story, but it is not the end, there still have some stronger monsters after you finish the main story, which is Tempered monsters.
HR cap unlocks Quests:
- 9* Beyond the Blasting Scales (Hunt 2 Tempered Bazelgeuses)
- 9* Thunderous Rumble in the Highlands (Slay 1 Tempered Kirin)
That all for the HR cap unlocks quests. However, there still have 1 quest will appear when you hit HR 100.
- 9* The Sapphire Star’s Guidance (Slay 1 Tempered Kushala Daora, 1 Tempered Teostra, 1 Tempered Nergigante)
P.S. For unlocking the main story quest of the 7* Old World Monster in the New World (Hunt 1 Pink Rathian), seem like keep doing the 6* The Sleeping Sylvan Queen (Hunt 1 Rathian) or 6* Brown Desert, Green Queen (Hunt 1 Rathian) would be the faster ways to reach the research goal.
Information source & Credit: https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Assignments